DiBEG News Releases in 2013
- Nov 14-15, 2013
- Participation into KBP Annual Convention and Exposition, Philippines
The 39th KBP Annual Convention and Exposition was held on November 14 and 15, 2013 in the suburbs of Manila. There were 11 ARIB/DiBEG member companies participated in the exhibition at the MIC booth, attracting many of the broadcasters all over the Philippines. ...
- Nov 14-15, 2013
- Conferment of Decorations to Mr. Fernando Bittencourt of TV Globo, Brazil and the special sessions at Inter-BEE 2013
Mr. Fernando Bittencourt, General Director of Engineering at TV Globo of Brazil, got the Order of the Rising Sun, Gold Rays with Neck Ribbon in the 2013 Autumn Conferment of Decorations on Foreign Nationals in Japan. The conferment ceremony was held on November 14th at the Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications, where the decoration was conferred by the Minister Mr. Shindo. ...
- Nov 5, 2013
- Re-assertion of the Republic of the Philippines to Adopt Japanese-Brazilian System for Digital Terrestrial Television Broadcasting (Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications Website)
The Republic of the Philippines re-asserted its adoption of the Japanese-Brazilian system (hereinafter referred to as "the Japanese digital terrestrial system") on November 5. ...
- Oct 28-29, 2013
- ISDB-T International Seminar of New Technology in Peru
The "ISDB-T International Seminar of New Technology in Peru" was held in Lima, Peru, on October 28 and 29, 2013, organized by INICTEL (National Institute for Research and Training in Telecommunications - National Engineering University) and JICA. ...
- Oct 11, 2013
- An Article about the Standardization of EWBS
This is a reprint of an article in the "New Breeze Vol. 25 No. 4 Autumn (October, 2013)" published by the ITU Association of Japan. ...
- Sep 27, 2013
- Adoption of ISDB-T in the Republic of Honduras (Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications Website)
The Republic of Honduras in Central America decided to adopt the Japanese-Brazilian system (also known as Integrated Services Digital Broadcasting - Terrestrial (ISDB-T) international system, hereinafter referred to as "the ISDB-T international system") on September 26, local time. This decision made Honduras the 16th country that adopted the ISDB-T international system. ...
- Aug 28, 2013
- International Forum of Digital Terrestrial Television in Honduras
The International Forum of Digital TV in Honduras was held on 26th and 27th August in Tegucigalpa, hosted by CONATEL (Comision Nacional de Telecomunicaciones). ...
- Aug 1, 2013
- Japan Proposed draft 8MHz ISDB-T Standard for Botswana on 30th-31st, July
The Japanese delegation, comprising of the representatives from the Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications, ARIB and several private companies, visited Botswana to hold the 1st Joint Taskforce on ISDB-T broadcasting, in order to extend its support for the works on the implementation of ISDB-T and the subsequent ASO (analog switch-off), based on Japan’s experiences. ...
- Jul 30, 2013
- Botswana’s official commencement of ISDB-T Broadcasting as of 29th July, 2013
In Botswana, where the government decided ISDB-T adoption in February, 2013, the Botswana Television (BTV) officially started digital TV broadcasting on 29th July. ...
- Jun 3, 2013
- Decision of Adoption of Japanese System for Digital Terrestrial Television Broadcasting in the Republic of Guatemala (Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications Website)
On May 30 (local time), the Republic of Guatemala decided the adoption of the Japanese-Brazilian system (ISDB-T) as a standard for digital terrestrial television broadcasting.
This is the fourteenth adopter of the system besides Japan. ...
- May 29, 2013
- Approval of the ISDB-T EWBS Harmonization Document
On May 28, 2013, the ISDB-T International Forum approved the technical harmonization document on EWBS (Emergency Warning Broadcast System) among the member countries. The document is available on our web site. ...
- Apr 2, 2013
- The new style of digital television proposed by Japan
Pamphlet | english | portuguese | french | (Download as PDF)
- Feb 27, 2013
- Government of Republic of Botswana Adopts ISDB-T (Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications Website)
On February 26 (local time), the Republic of Botswana officially announced its decision of the adoption of the Japanese-Brazilian system (ISDB-T) as a standard for digital terrestrial television broadcasting.
This is the first adoption of ISDB-T in Africa and the Republic of Botswana is the thirteenth adopter of the system besides Japan. ...